HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

THE CHASE IS ON

My new arrivals appear to be both males, with defined tubercles on the front edge of their pectoral fins.

This time, I didn't follow the full quarantine procedure and only kept my two newcomers separate in a holding tank for a few days to acclimate. Trusting Jeff's (Ranchu Notes) good professional ethics and disclosed "medical history", I made a risky decision to introduce them into my main pond without the wait, but not without the risk, which I chose to take. Obviously, I would not recommend the reader doing so, especially if the fish come from unfamiliar or untrusted sources.

The two boys didn't waste any time after joining the rest and started to chase the girls. I got some artificial aquarium plants for them to spawn on. Being much smaller than the rest of my ranchu and not even a year old, it is hard to believe that they have what it takes. However, they won't give up chasing and I am eager to see what will come out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment