HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

RANCHU FRY FOOD. THINKING AHEAD

I have been preparing for baby ranchu coming. Whether I am successful or not to hatch them this time, I have prepared some special foods for their first stages of development, in addition to frozen bloodworm and brine shrimp, and pellets that I already have for when the baby ranchu grow up a little.

From Brine Shrimp Direct I got San Francisco Strain Brine Shrimp Eggs for a smaller sized nauplii (crustacean larvae). Yes, I am going to hatch live brine shrimp to feed ranchu fry. The seller have included a sample of BSD Freshwater Slow Sinking Pellet, 0.6 mm (protein min 50%, lipids min 8%, fiber max 4%, ash max 12%, astaxanthin 80ppm, moisture max 8%), which I will try at a later time, while getting ranchu used to a pellet food.

From Kens Fish I ordered Ken's Premium Golden Pearls, 5-50 microns (protein min 60%, lipids min 8%, ash max 15%, vitamins: C 200 ppm, E 400 ppm, astaxanthin 500 ppm, moisture (max) 8%). Rob Crosby (Virginia Ranchu on GoldFish Keepers website) recommended them as an occasional substitute, when brine shrimp hatching are delayed.

I have also been cultivating Wolffia, as a very nutritious supplement for ranchu fry. Read about it in my previous post "Wolffia - Super Plant, Super Food"


1 - San Francisco Strain Brine Shrimp Eggs; 2 - BSD Freshwater Slow Sinking Pellet; 3 - Ken's Premium Golden Pearls


No comments:

Post a Comment