HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Friday, August 25, 2017

A WAY TO RAISE RANCHU ● INTRODUCTION

Some years ago, when I searched the Internet with a fine tooth comb looking for everything and anything that had to do with Japanese Top View Ranchu, I stumbled upon a website with chapters from Master Ito Takashi's publication on raising ranchu. All written in Japanese, the chapters addressed various subjects of raising ranchu from eggs to adults. 

Fearlessly, with no knowledge of the Japanese language, I embarked on the task of "translating" the chapters using the modern day technology. First, I let Google translate the text into what I called "JapaGooglEnglish". Then, I began to interpret the text based on my best knowledge of ranchu. I also ran some stubborn texts through different online translators to get a better understanding.

In the end, most of the "translation" made sense, at least to me, and greatly advanced me in performing my ranchu husbandry. With careful consideration, I decided to share this information, hoping that others might find it useful as well. Although, I give credit to Master Ito Takashi, please accept these series of posts only as an adaption of his publication. While reading, apply your own judgment. After all, raising ranchu isn't all written in stone and we should derive our pleasure from this hobby by making it very personal and even intimate.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Links to published chapters:

INTRODUCTION
WATER
NOTES ON GREEN WATER & WATER CHANGE
WATER TEMPERATURE
AERATION
SUNLIGHT AND SHADE
CONTAINERS FOR RAISING RANCHU
FOOD
FEEDING REGIMENT
BREEDING & SPAWNING
RAISING & GROOMING FRY
GROOMING KUROKO AND TOSAI
CULLING
SELECTION METHODS
CULLING ROUND - I
CULLING ROUND - II
CULLING ROUND - III
CULLING ROUND - IV
CULLING ROUND - V
● FORSEEING RANCHU CHANGES IN THE FUTURE

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment