HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

MY PLAN VS. THEIR PLAN

Unlike the plan I had, my ranchu had one of their own. As the temperatures warmed up in March, I was expecting the spawning to begin, but it didn't and it is still hasn't happened.

The problem is with the females. Some of my ranchu females appeared to be too young and some wouldn't release their eggs. In order for the spawning to begin, the female must be ready and send out pheromones to "activate" the males to start chasing her. The female that I was hoping to breed isn't cooperating at all this year. My male ranchu, on the other hand, are ready and full of milt, when I checked them. They are waiting for a signal that is yet to come.

As much as I was looking forward to raising a spawn this year, I might have to wait till next spring. This is the down side of having a small set up and fewer fish. But, I still get where I want to go with my ranchu breeding, it's just going to take a bit longer.  

The summer has just begun, I wouldn't count out late spawning. Hopeful? Everything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment