HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Sunday, May 11, 2014

SECOND CULL - THE TAIL IS STILL IN FOCUS

On their 24th day since hatching the ranchu fry are 6/8 inches (20 mm) long, demonstrating excellent growth rate. The tails are now much more developed, with more recognizable traits. This round I was trying to determine six more types of tail and body deformities, in addition to five that I was seeking out during my first cull ("First Cull - It's All About The Tail"). I had to pay maximum attention, since this time there were so many criteria to adhere to. For the first cull I had to go through approximately 600 fry of which I kept 40%. After the second cull I kept only 60%, which left me with 130 individuals but fairly nice looking so far. The next cull will happen sometimes next month. Below, are the diagrams of tail's defects outlined in blue for cull #2.


DESIRED tail shape and
degree of openness
Curved spine line and
misaligned tail
Tail has no split in
the middle
Tail core is too thick
and rigid

Tail is open but
asymmetrical
Tail is split all the
way to peduncle

Tail is not open and
is asymmetrical
Tail side lobe tip
is deformed

Tail is not open. Red line
indicate desired angle
Tail core edges
overlap

Single,
regressed tail
Tail is not open, side lobes
extend too far back

No comments:

Post a Comment