HIGH RANCHU MON

HIGH RANCHU MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2020

HIGH RANCHU STORE - AZAYAKA RANCHU FOOD

Friday, August 8, 2014

THE SUMMER

The summer is in full swing. The temperatures outside often soar into 90s F (32 C ), but lately are staying in the 80s F (27 C). Luckily for me, the water temperature in my pond doesn't get over 78 F (25 C). The benefit of controlled indoors. Still plenty of sunlight and duckweed. The ranchu are most actively looking for food and can easily put on extra weight. I feed three times a day, the rest of the time they graze on algae and occasional Wolffia, that includes the young tosai. The tosai were fed five times a day and grew vigorously in the past three months, reaching over 3 inches (7.6 cm) long. I decided to slow them down for a couple of weeks, then resume their special feeding regiment with the focus on funtan development.





Some of my tosai photographed today.


No comments:

Post a Comment